How To Say ?This Is Crap? In Different Cultures

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 07:57:46 EST 2014

On 26/02/14 11:22, FlexibleLearning.com wrote:
> I need to do a similar table for my wife... I'm a Brit, and she is Polish.
> After 30 years she's only now kinda getting the idea!

I have a feeling that, very shortly, you are going to have to relabel
yourself, as we all will.

I am 75% Scots, 25% English, born in Scotland, educated in England,
legally domiciled in Scotland;

that still does not make me a Brit.

I hope that when/if Scotland goes independent it does not sink into the
sort of petty nationalism that so coloured
both the Irish Free State and the Republic, where many fine, upstanding
members of the community were forced
to leave because they did not adhere to the demagogues' narrow definiton
as to what constituted Irishness.

As an Anglo-Scot with a Bulgarian wife I can only sympathise with you
and your wife's situation.

[considering I also smoke a pipe as well]

Richmond.