Support for Mac OSX 10.5

Dirk prive dirk.cleenwerck at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 04:23:01 EST 2014

Some other dev platform I use dropped PPC a long time ago, and just dropped
support for anything below 10.7.
They also asked about dropping support for Windows XP.
Dropping 10.6 met with a little resistance there, but didn't lead to a
revolt against the dev platform.
Dropping XP seems to be a little more controversial, but it looks like this
might be dropped as well, since MS won't support it anymore anyway.
I guess support for the old platforms takes up time and needs to stop at a
certain point in time. There is always a last version to use if you still
want to compile for a certain target.
As long as a list is available with what version is needed for what target,
the problem seems minimal. Just make sure if a program requires a certain
target, you don't move beyond the dev platform version that supports that
target.

I also don't need support for 10.5 in new LC versions anymore.

Dirk Cleenwerck