Support for Mac OSX 10.5

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 25 14:34:07 EST 2014

Andrew Kluthe wrote:

> What is a "little longer" in your opinion? 1 year? 5 years? I would hate
> for runrev to spend several months to make something backwards compatible
> for a short time. Along with this time spent, I would imagine it would
> further complicate the code base in non-trivial ways.

Even if try to set aside the developer salaries and technical debt, it's
not like it's going to get any less dangerous using an unsupported OS
version than it was half a decade ago when it stopped getting security
updates.

Every year an unsupported OS is used, the only people writing
system-level software for it are organized crime rings.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World