Fairly offensive message - Domain does not exist

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 25 13:41:06 EST 2014

J. Landman Gay write:

 > On 2/25/14, 11:17 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> the audience for a thread isn't just one person, nor even all of
 >> those participating, but really it's everyone who will read a
 >> thread in the future.
 >
 > That's what I keep thinking about. I immediately unsubscribed to a
 > mailing list once because the regulars were hurling insults about
 > something that applied to me personally. Since I was a lurker who had
 > never posted, they didn't even know I was there, but that was the end
 > of my participation and I still don't want anything to do with them.

That's the great thing about flame wars: they only harm the flamers.

You can walk away from them early on, while their flames remain on the
web, affecting their reputation, for generations to come.

Like Rudy the Kip sez:

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
  Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
  Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
  Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it."

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World