Support for Mac OSX 10.5

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 25 11:59:32 EST 2014

Terence Heaford wrote:

 > I am currently only a user of the Community Edition and so feel a
 > little guilty about posting regarding this subject...

You needn't feel guilty at all.  Freely sharing code is what the GPL is
all about.

You would only need a Commercial license if you need to deploy a
standalone app under a proprietary license of your own.

But as with any other open source project, you needn't feel any more
guilty enjoying LiveCode than you would with Firefox, Chrome,
Thunderbird, MySQL, Linux, or any other open-source-licensed work.

It's always nice when you can contribute back to a project you find
valuable, whether in cash or code or documentation or by any other
means.  I maintain an individual membership with the Linux Foundation
for that reason, since my business derives a lot of value from the Linux
kernel*, and I'm a contributor to the Ubuntu project.

But never feel guilty about using open source software - sharing is a
core value expressed in the GPL.  Just dive in and have fun.

 > The main reason I have not become a fully paid up member is for me
 > the lack of a speedy scrolling  data grid.

Do you have any details on that you can share?  Between Trevor's
excellent scripting, recent additions to the engine, and future engine
enhancements, I'd like to think we can find a way to get satisfying
performance for you on that.

* Plug for the Linux Foundation:  Individual Membership is cheap (just
US$99/yr) and includes steep discounts at O'Reilly, Dell, Lenovo, HP,
and others, along with an @linux.com email address - see
<https://www.linuxfoundation.org/about/join/individual/join>.

--
  Richard Gaskin