RELEASE LiveCode 6.6 DP1

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Sun Feb 16 15:02:53 EST 2014

Okay so that means there is corruption in DNS. No surprisingly, since I have a Sprint WiFi cell data dongle which won’t work or work well when I use the default DNS, but when I switch to Google DNS it starts working famously.

Another possible cause would be DNS cacheing. Changing the DNS setting will wipe the cache, so it is possible you may have had some old cache data that was not getting purged when it became stale.

In the future, on PC’s use ipconfig /flushdns and on OS X (Tiger and beyond I believe) use dscacheutil -flushcache. As I mentioned, once you change the DNS this happens automagically.

Bob