RELEASE LiveCode 6.6 DP1

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 14:04:07 EST 2014

On 15/02/14 20:48, Klaus major-k wrote:
> Am 15.02.2014 um 19:45 schrieb Jim Kanter <jim at d-film.com>:
>
>> All links okay in Atlanta, GA.
> Same over here in germany! :-)

I have just had a majorly stupid conversation with an 'engineer' from my
ISP provider who told me this:

1. Maybe the Livecode people have blocked my ISP.

     When I told him I could also not access either the Unicode
consortium's pages, or the ISP' own webpage he tried:

2. It's a problem with your router.

    So connected to the LC download through a proxy; loaded, but, of
course, I couldn't download the LC 6.6 installers.

3. He finally shut up when I pointed out to him that randomly (random
but consistent) lack of access to certain websites had got
    nothing at all to do with my router.

4. He then suggested it was because I was using Linux rather than
Windows.  I got out a box running Windows 95 from under the bed
     [ there we are, I knew it would be of some use one day ] and found
that there was no joy with that either; nor with a Mac running
     10.4.

5. He eventually admitted that "maybe" there was a problem at their
local server here in Plovdiv.

6. I also pointed out that had RunRev wanted to block access to me they
would also have blocked my sending e-mails to their mail server.

What a load of cobblers.

Anyway; obviously nothing wrong with RunRev, and quite a lot with my ISP
over here: both in terms of their service, and
in terms of the fact that their people talk unmitigated rubbish.

Richmond.