How to install under Elementary of Mint Linux

John Brozycki livecode at trueinsecurity.com
Fri Feb 14 12:29:25 EST 2014

Sorry for the likely dumb question: How do you install Livecode under 64-bit Linux?  Specifically, I'm trying the latest versions of Elementary and Mint, which are Ubuntu derived.  The Livecode download (Commercial or Community) are .x86 files.  Changing the properties to allow execution doesn't help, and that's about all I've been able to find online.

Running:
./LivecodeCommunityInstaller-6_5_0-Linux.86

(also tried: sudo ./LivecodeCommunityInstaller-6_5_0-Linux.86)

...seems to produce a file called:

LivecodeCommunityInstaller-6_5_0-Linux.86~

...which I can't seem to do anything with.

I'm unsure if these OSes can't run 32-bit code, or if it's me.  I've exhausted my Google-fu.  Help!

Appreciatively,
John