diesel

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Feb 12 14:02:10 EST 2014

 <dwilliams at ...> writes:

> Happily none of the servers were down on this occasion. As I explained
> to you when I responded to your ticket on on-rev, the issue you saw
> was that the status page itself was down for a period, and I'm glad to
> say I was able to rectify this for you when it was reported via the
> Urgent ticketing system.
>
> I see that you have now submitted a ticket mentioning an issue with
> your email, which I am now dealing with for you.

It's the same ticket, just an update to your response. As I mentioned in
that ticket, diesel email was unresponsive for 15 hours yesterday. I don't
look at the status page unless things aren't working, so for the most part I
don't care what it shows. When I did look at it, the status of diesel showed
"Down/Warning", which corresponded with the symptoms. My problem isn't with
the status display, but with the loss of service.

> Instances of our servers being down or other major incidents affecting
> customers have enormously reduced since the successful transfer of our
> entire hosting operation to the new service. We continue to work on
> improving our systems to ensure ever greater reliability. I will look
> at introducing a new stat on the status page showing percentage uptime
> of our servers.

If, as you say, the servers were actually up and running at the time of the
outage, then I fail to see how an uptime display will help.

> As we have mentioned in the past, the best place to get issues
> resolved with on-rev is via our ticketing system, we do not
> necessarily routinely monitor this list, especially at night.

My posting here was to alert other users to the problem, not to get your
attention. That I did through issuing a trouble ticket.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com