Defining Pet Features and Essentials

Ender Nafi Elekcioglu endernafi at keehuna.com
Tue Feb 11 08:31:33 EST 2014

Kevin,

My point was, RunRev shouldn’t lose its focus.
We are programmers, after all; somethings should be done by us.
No need to be lazy.
You should provide us what we can't achieve by ourselves.

Raw performance,
unicode,
a modern set of commands to interact with servers,
an up-to-date graphics engine, I don’t know, there are many other things

Once I opened a thread regarding integrating Sprite Kit of Xcode.
I learned my lesson from experienced Livecoders that time.
RunRev shouldn’t be distracted by platform-specific features and shouldn’t lose its focus.

As I said and as you know well, resources are scarce.
I think you ought to ask yourselves while drawing your roadmap;
what feature is really important, serves better in the future, serves the majority of your existing and *potential* customers.

Give us performance, then we’ll build our own particle-effects engine.
You shouldn’t be bothered with that.

Give us a modern graphics engine which benefits maximum of GPU,
then we’ll build our own physics routines, animation algorithms,
even dynamic blurred backgrounds :)

Technology advances rapidly, you can’t risk of missing the train

Regards,

~ Ender