Crowd Funding Enhancements

Ender Nafi Elekcioglu endernafi at keehuna.com
Mon Feb 10 11:58:16 EST 2014

On February 10, 2014 at 17:24:35, Kevin Miller (kevin at runrev.com) wrote:

The only thing we could do would be to speed things up by
further expanding our dev team, which could bring delivery forward for
³pet² features. I guess we could crowd fund that.

So - here is an open question I don¹t know the answer to. Is there
appetite for this in the community?

Kind regards,

Kevin

I would happily join to a crowd funding to speed important things up.
But, a bold but, *pet features* and *essentials* should be defined very carefully.
I believe, many of us will support another crowd-funding
which focuses on *essentials*, things which cannot be done in Livecode alone.

There are really, really important things which we couldn’t do by ourselves or without the help of an external.
Unicode is one of those things, group size limits {int16 thing} and non-blocking url commands are, too.

I would define them as following;
pet feature: a feature for which a workaround can be found.
essential: no workaround, engine must change or an external is needed.