GPS Speed on IOS

Guglielmo Braguglia guglielmo at braguglia.ch
Fri Feb 7 00:57:07 EST 2014

Hi,
you don't have to "calculate" speed ...
... starting from, if I remember, LiveCode 6.1, you have "speed" (and
"course") included in Location info. From old iOS release notes :

"Location -- a comma separated list of the latitude, longitude and
altitude of the device. If detailed is true an array containing the keys
latitude, longitude, altitude, time stamp, horizontal accuracy, vertical
accuracy, speed and course is returned.
If the latitude and longitude could not be measured, those values
together with the horizontal accuracy key will not be present. If the
altitude could not be measured, that value together with the vertical
accuracy will not be present."

Hope this help.

Guglielmo