rTree V2.03 requires tree to be visible to be constructed?

Mats Wilstrand mats.wilstrand at tapirsoft.com
Wed Feb 5 08:13:49 EST 2014

Hi James!

First I want to apologize for not responding to your posts in the Forums!
I'm not receiving mail reminders from watched topics in the forums any more.
It is not an excuse as I should have checked the forums now and then even
without the email reminders! Anyhow I have reported this to Heather now.

Thank you very, very much for sharing your upgrade method! This is a
wonderful community! Your description is spot on and the only thing I could
add is that there is an "import" function available in rTree v2 that can be
used to import and convert existing data from a version 1 rTree control into
a version 2. The import function is available from the right click menu -
"Build Tree From -> Older rTree Format". What it does is it converts the
Tree and Node properties of the old rTree control into the new array format
of rTree 2. This can be useful if your tree is not built entirely built by
script, for example if the tree has been built using the right click menus.

About your issues with rTree I will have a look at this and get back to you.
What version LC are you using?

With my best regards

Mats