[OT] will amuse you Linux fans

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 4 10:42:59 EST 2014

stephen barncard wrote:

> Not amusing to the look and feel people at Apple.
>
> the Icons are copied or very close. Not to mention about 20 other things.
> Can 'they' get away with this?

There have been Mac-like desktop environments for Linux for many years
(never understood the attraction myself; I love OS X but only on a Mac,
when I'm using Linux I want to use Linux).

MacBuntu is one of the more popular ones, noteworthy for being both a
blatant rip-off of Apple's UI and also thumbing their nose the request
from Canonical to reserve names ending in "buntu" for officially-support
forks:
<http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Macbuntu?content=129021>

But historically the number of people using such DEs has been negligibly
small.

While this would increase the number of people using a Mac-like UI on
Linux, it's North Korea: if we're to believe the Western propaganda
about their lifestyle, relatively few there have a computer at all, so
at most it might double the number of such users.

Moreover, it's a rogue state beyond the influence of any international
partners or laws.  Not even China's Xi Jinping can talk sense to Kim
Jong-un;  I doubt Tim Cook could.

Looks like Apple have to rely on Dennis Rodman to settle this. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World