[OT] Social Engineering against the common sense

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Feb 2 15:38:05 EST 2014

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>wrote:

> Slightly related is my feelings about cloud computing in general.

agreed. But we as data peons ( on asymmetrical networks designed for
consumers and downloads ) are stuck with slower upload speeds, changing IP
numbers (otherwise pay more), throttling and unknown monitoring and
filtering methods for legal and load reasons. There's also the
downtime/backup requirements. All of which may make hosting our own servers
problematic - and once we are on the 'other side of the firewall' we are
still vulnerable.

A very long time ago I used to think that co-hosting was a shelf somewhere
in a secure building with a good connection where we could plop our own
machine in and run it remotely. Silly me.

*--*
*Stephen Barncard - San Francisco Ca. USA - Deeds Not Words*