script scope variables inexplicably becoming unset

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 16:47:02 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com>
wrote:

> I haven't totally followed this discussion but it sounds like you might be
> relying solely on the debugger to display the values of script variables.
> You might try using a more direct approach by using a command or getProp
> handler to dump variable values into the message box or a field so you can
> see them.

I *think* that that is what I'm doing.  My ck command logs to the message
box and a log window in another substack.

I've found that
ck  "chStk pre:" &chStk
palette (chStk)
ck  "chStk post:" &chStk

shows the variable chStk to be "stack ctrlChoices" , opens that stack, and
promptly loses its value (but not in the debugger; it keeps the value
there.)

Also consider setting up a timed script to monitor the variable you think
> is being changed so you can verify where in your sequence of events this
> might be happening.

It's pinned down.  I'm down to *why* using a variable name in a palette
statement wipes the variable.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462