set the textstyle is dramatically slower on 7.0.1 than 5.5

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 05:00:16 EST 2014

Using this kind of processing in a loop is extremely fast on 5.5:

set the textstyle["box"] of char x to y of fld 1 to true

On 7.0.1 it goes at a snail's pace.

I haven't bothered to do any benchmarks yet, just wondered if anyone else
has noticed this (or is it another of these things peculiar to me). I would
estimate that 7.0.1 is 10x slower than 5.5.  It is a very significant slow
down.

I searched RQCC and I can find no bug report relating to this.

Bernard