Group command with an object list

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 18:18:54 EST 2014

It seems that tList can't be long ids, or long names (as far as I can
tell), but selectedobjects   field "field" and button "button" will
probably work, but there's an easier way.

Save the list of selectedObjects however you currently do it, just exactly
as it shows up from the selectedobjects (since it sounds like you are
wanting to be able to group the objects later using code)

Once that is done, to group them is easy.

lock screen
repeat for each line tLine in myData
   set the selected of tLine to true
end repeat
-- after this, all the objects you chose should be selected so then..
group -- since they're selected, it bypasses the need to feed it a properly
formatted list
unlock screen

You might want to deselect the group that is created after the grouping
since it will be selected with handles showing, but I think you can
set the selected of the last group to false