[ANN] Free: Google-style typing filter for LiveCode

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Dec 24 16:47:13 EST 2014

Thanks Hugh, very nice.

I couldn't resist trying this using an SQLite database instead of the
preloaded data.  I created a database with one table named Places with one
column named Data that holds the preloaded data, then imported the
preloaded data into it.

The script changes were pretty minimal, just open the database at startup,
then instead of the filter command:

put revDataFromQuery(,,gDBID,"SELECT Data FROM Places WHERE Data LIKE :1
ORDER BY Data","tSearch")

tSearch is the variable that holds the search string with "%" signs either
after or before/after depending on the wildcard setting.

The query takes an average of around 15 msecs vs the filter command taking
perhaps 2msecs but neither time is noticeable to a user.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>