7.0.1 redraws IDE too many times

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 18:13:43 EST 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 3:06 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
wrote:

> I sure wish you'd put these things into the QCC where someone in a
> position to fix it would be made aware. The engineers won't see it here,
> and there's nothing we can do.

Is this enough?

It's now but 14241:

Unfortunately, I can't back this one with hard data, but I think I finally
see the pattern.

It appears that the IDE window is being excessively redrawn.

With two tabs open in the IDE editor, if I hit cmd-f for search, and then
click in the box, I can usually see the text area and line numbers jump
wtice, moments apart.  I've seen this for a while.

Today I noticed, and drew the connection, when I was hovering over a
variable value to copy it.  The line for that variable "swam" on the
screen, suggesting repeated redraw.

(this machine is maverick; I've seen the wiggling code on Yosemite, too)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462