OT: Web Server-side ID3 Tagger

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Dec 16 01:24:56 EST 2014

I need to set the ID3 tags for MP3 files that have already been uploaded
to our web server.

typically my approach is to create a thin desktop client, which can read
our media database from the web server... then I need to send a POST
back to my "MusicAPI.lc"  which in turn then passes some params to [The
ID3 Tagger program] via shell

path to file
artist
author
genre
album
date
title

locally on a mac this is as simple as getting info in iTunes, adding the
ID3 metadata and iTunes writes it back to the same .mp3 file (or aiff)

Does anyone know of a *nix program that can do the same, that I can call
from shell (would run on CentOS 6.2)

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami

Kauai's Hindu Monastery