bug or feature in player filename?

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Sat Dec 13 21:37:44 EST 2014

I’m in version 6.7.0 on Macintosh. I’m not very good at searching for bugs, so it’s possible it’s a fixed bug.

If you set a player filename to an invalid filename, by hand or by script, the player seems to play the last valid filename entered, even though the invalid filename continues to display in the “source” field.

It wouldn’t happen very often by hand, because normally one clicks on the button next to the “source” field, to get a dialog box of filenames.

If you (I) don’t know about this, it can drive you (me) crazy when trying to figure out why a script isn’t working right.  To make the experience even more vexatious, the result is empty when you play the player, by click or script. If this is mentioned in the documentation, I can’t find it.

Bug or feature?

I tried to enter a note about this in the dictionary, but I don’t seem to be eligible to do that. Tried to log in or register, couldn’t manage it.

Comments?

Cheers,

Tim Miller