Missing properties

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 17:19:14 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
wrote:

> If longevity of language features is inversely proportionate to their
> value, C must be a total waste of time. :)

Ha -- of course I'm not suggesting that; anyone who wants to take away
repeat for each or URL syntax will have to fight me for them. I just think
there are so many more opportunities.

Basically any time a significant number of developers are expressing a
single concept in more than one line, that's an opportunity to create a
simpler, more powerful syntax. You know I could list hundreds of
possibilities, and the truth is that for every one of them, someone would
say "you want to do *what*?!" But if I'm clever, at least a few people
would say, "I'm tired of typing so much, that sounds awesome."

I can never post about this without throwing out a suggestion. How about
making item take an argument?

put item("|") 2 to 3 of item(";") 2 of
"test|this|thing;one|more|string|here;final|string"

puts "more|string"