I Hate the New Color Picker

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Dec 10 13:07:16 EST 2014

Bob Sneidar wrote:
 > By that reasoning, Livecode should recreate all the API’s Apple
 > provides, rolling their own.

In a sense, that's what LiveCode opens up for us with Open Language, a
chance to use OS APIs directly.

And smartly, if we choose to use APIs Apple later deprecates, it's up to
us rather than RunRev to update our scripts to conform with Apple's
policy-du-jour.

 > For better or worse, ALL OS developers have to continue to innovate.
 > If Apple’s OS troubles you, you can always use Win 8.x where you have
 > to relearn where everything is, or Linux and then deal with piecing
 > together all the components necessary for your app to work on every
 > workstation that uses it. <sigh>

Piece together?  You should stop using Arch and switch to Ubuntu, Mint,
or Fedora.

  :)

(that's probably only funny to Mark Wieder)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems