Missing properties

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Dec 9 18:31:18 EST 2014

Monte Goulding wrote:
 > Well... I could be wrong but I expect that we will get widgets (a way
 > to create new object types) and then more general extensions to
 > declare command syntax but I'm not expecting to be able to add a
 > property to an existing object. As I said I could be wrong...

I don't know if v8's Open Language will allow the addition of new
properties (would be nice), but in this case I think we're safe since
the request here is arguably more of a function than a property.

After all, the owner of an object isn't something intrinsic to an
object, but merely incidental to where it happens to be placed at the
moment.

Given this, Geoff's function seems like a good solution.  Whether it's
written in fancy v8 syntax or the syntax we have doesn't matter much to
me personally; it gets the job done.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems