Not LiveCode - Bug code

Vaughn Clement vclement at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 11:16:21 EST 2014

Hi how to

 I stayed off the list for quite a while because I feel that LiveCode is a
continuous beta test. Nearly every time I start to use it I run to bugs
that prevent me from finishing a app. The implications are that every time
you finish an application and want to upload it to Apple, that it may have
a bug or many bugs that will prevent the application from performing
correctly. For that reason, I decided to wait until there was a bug free
version that was reliable for apps on iTunes.

Unfortunately, eight months have passed where what I called bug code is
still not a finished product. It's hard enough just to understand all the
different versions that are out there, without trying to traverse the one
that would work correctly. I've never seen a product developed in this way
where there are several versions for users that are not out of beta test. I
paid very good money for a product that has a lot of potential. But when I
received is the longest beta test I've ever experienced. My suggestion is
to LiveCode, get a finished full released version that people can use with
reliability! Then you can continue your beta test on the side until you
have a full release version with all the new features.

It seems like I get another version of LiveCode every week or two, and the
disclaimer on the releases use it at your own risk. If this is the case,
where again to be spending months without a release copy that is bug free,
then LiveCode needs to extend our license until a full release copy is
available. I didn't pay for a beta copy, I paid for a full released
product. It's time for LiveCode to understand that a community of beta
testers cannot be satisfied until there is a full released version with no
bugs.

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)