use-livecode Digest, Vol 135, Issue 3

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Wed Dec 3 07:51:36 EST 2014

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the heads up on the ps command. I was able to get Apache running with the original httpd.conf file. Apache does not run with the httpd.conf file that I modified the way you suggested in your previous post for LiveCode server. I must have entered something incorrectly or in the wrong place.

I added

<Directory "Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/">
  		Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

because the LiveCode server file is in the CGI-Executables folder.

I then added

ScriptAlias /livecode-cgi/ "Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/”

within the existing section that begins with <IfModule alias_module> and ends with </IfModule>

And finally, I added

AddHandler lcscript .lc
Action lcscript /livecode-cgi/livecode-server

to the existing section that begins with <IfModule mime_module> and ends with </IfModule>

I notice that in my old Mavericks httpd.conf file, the last two statements, AddHandler and Action, appear in the section <Directory "/Library/WebServer/Documents”> rather than <IfModule mime_module>.

Gregory