Can't Start LiveCode Server Under Yosemite

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 18:43:11 EST 2014

It isn’t as easy to start Apache on Yosemite as it was on previous versions of OS X. The option has been removed from the Sharing Preferences panel.

You need to start Apache manually using the Terminal app from an admin user account.

This command will start Apache

	sudo apachectl start

This command will re-start Apache if you have made any changes to the Apache configuration file

	sudo apachectl restart

This command will stop Apache if you want to stop Apache

	sudo apachectl stop

Once you have started Apache, it should automatically restart if you restart or power off / power on.

I hope this helps.

Peter