Menu anomaly

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Dec 1 09:26:57 EST 2014

I’ve got an app made with LC7 rc2 running on a Mac (Yosemite), which sets up a menu for a mainstack, opens a few palettes and waits for user input. If I click on any menu at this point, I see the menu pulldown list and can apparently select menu items, but none of them activate (they are not greyed out). This applies to the whole menu bar including the ‘About’ item which of course has been moved by the engine. As soon as I click anywhere on the mainstack window, the menus become active again.

I thought that maybe there was another mainstack floating around (this is a ‘splash’ design, so there are two mainstacks, the splash screen stack and the data stack which it invokes). But this splash screen is not visible, and furthermore the last line of script before the program stops to wait for user input is a ‘goto’ to the main data stack. What I see on the screen seems to show that a palette is active - but OTOH the mainstack doesn’t seem to be inactive either.

Can anyone suggest what is happening? Should it be possible for a menubar to be visible (and not greyed out) and yet none of the menu items function? Could it be a bug in LC7?

TIA

Graham