Newbie question

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 07:41:15 EDT 2014

Thanks for your response, Klaus.
I figured it out. Fields and buttons don't have the cantDelete property.
Groups do have the cantDelete property.
Groups, Fields, Buttons .. eg controls ... are aka PARTS too.
Btw I've just completed a stack for experimenting with XMLlib; that I will share soon.

On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:50:10 AM, Klaus major-k <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:

Hi Alain,

Am 30.04.2014 um 06:28 schrieb Alain Farmer <alain_farmer at yahoo.com>:

> I am stumped. Why the contradiction below ?
>
> on mouseUp
>    answer the cantDelete of part 1 -- answers true or false
>    repeat with x = 1 to the number of parts
>       get the cantDelete of part x -- error! object does not have this property
>    end repeat
> end mouseUp

I'm stumped, too! What is a PART in Livecode? 8-)

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major