Numbering of lines in a field

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Apr 27 20:11:26 EDT 2014

Hi Charles,

I think the script you need looks like the following:

constant dot = "."
function lineNumbering theLines
   put 0 into myCounter
   repeat for each line myLine in theLines
     if "CHC" is word 1 of myLine then
       put 0 into myCounter
       put myLine & cr after myNewLines
     else
       add 1 to myCounter
       put myCounter & dot && myLine after myNewLines
     end if
   end repeat
   return char 1 to -2 of myNewLines
end lineNumbering