MS SQL

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Sat Apr 26 14:31:24 EDT 2014

Hi Rodney,

Am 26.04.2014 um 18:24 schrieb Rodney Green <green.rodney at gmail.com>:

> Any ideas on how I can trap this error?

There are 2 things you could try.

You could try to use the legacy database drivers in LC. In LC´s preferences go to "compatiblity" and activate "Use legacy drivers"
This will force Livecode to download and use the data base drivers of version 2.8.1

Another possibility is to ask Acutaltech´s support. They are really helpful. To save some time you could send a logfile from the Actualtech ODBC drivers
with your support request. I am pretty sure they will ask for it.

Please follow the 7 steps below to create the log file:
1.  Quit your application
2.  Using the ODBC Manager (in /Applications/Utilities), select your DSN and press Configure
3.  On the first panel, press "About"
4.  Click on the Actual Technologies logo (the puzzle pieces) 5 times.  You should see the following appear: "Log file: /Users/<account name>/Library/Logs/atsqlsrv.log
5.  Restart your application, and using as few steps as possible, reproduce the problem
7.  Send the following files to support(at)actualtech.com  (located in the "/Users/<account name>/Library/Logs" folder):
a.  atsqlsrv.log
b.  atsqlsrv.log.tds

and include as much information as you can.

Maybe they can find out what is going wrong.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Matthias