[Enhancement Request] Open and BackUp in LiveCode DP and RC

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 24 18:49:05 EDT 2014

J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 4/24/14, 5:15 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> <http://fourthworld.net/channels/lc/lc-tools.png>
>
> Where do you put the stacks you're working on? :)
>
> You and I have exactly opposite work habits.

Maybe not so much.  Most of those stacks aren't open all the time, some
seldom used; I had them open just for the screen shot.

Like you, I use a lot of short cuts in the Message Box, but I've
replaced mine with the Console window shown there to take up less space
because it's modeless rather than a palette, so I can bring windows up
in front of it without having it cover anything.

Most of the time I have only the dark slender palette at the left open.
  With that I can show/hide other palettes, even IDE tools, with a
single click, so the work space is very tidy - it even works well on my
1366x768 laptop.

But yes, choice is good.

Ideally the IDE would evolve into more of a tool rack, where we could
hang any drop-in replacements we like easily. Much of that can be done
now, but it's trickier in some cases than I'd prefer.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World