Reference Material Discussion Application Architecture Strategies

Earthednet-wp prothero at earthednet.org
Mon Apr 21 11:05:48 EDT 2014

Mike,
I haven't tried to build a standalone yet. I'm not at my computer now, but my memory is that you have to "open" substacks, then do "start using". I have an item list of substacks and am planning to associate various library substacks with specific project modules, so I can manage memory. I also don't like putting scripts in objects, except when the object is central to the modele's function, like a map that displays data. But, it is convenient to put test scripts into buttons that can be deleted after everything is working.

It's a constant battle to keep reorganizing code for re-use. First implementation is usually a mess, then the next step that requires me to use that code requires refactoring, etc, etc, but in the end there are fewer bugs and it's easier to use.

I am loving lc's arrays. I'm also just starting to use groups and finding them also convenient and easy to use. Some of the ui objects are awesome. I just discovered the tabbed object. It saves a lot of time, as does the datagrid.

Good luck,
Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org