Problem naming groups with integers

Stephen MacLean smaclean at madmansoft.com
Sat Apr 19 15:34:10 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I have a list where I name the groups shown with integers (i.e. the id of the record in the db).

When I inspect the group, it shows as: group "11957", id 459899

It seems that LC has a problem with finding those groups. When I try to set a property or object contained in the group, I get "Error description: Chunk: can't find background"

When I put: answer there is a group "11957" into the message box, with the integer in quotes, it return false

It doesn't matter if I put answer there is a group "11957" of cd "messages" of this stack, it still returns false.

Changing the name of the group to something like "11957A" and the above will answer true.

Is this a bug or to prevent names from interfering with LC being able to recognize id's? It seems weird if that is the case, because if you reference by id, you need to use id to preface the integer:
answer there is a group id 459899

Anyone have a favorite way of dealing with this?

Thanks,

Steve MacLean