closeStackRequest not working?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Apr 14 16:16:55 EDT 2014

Nada. I now have:

on closeStackRequest
   put "closeStackRequest Received!"
   save this stack
   pass closeStackRequest
end closeStackRequest

in the card script. Nothing gets put into the message box.

Bob

On Apr 14, 2014, at 13:03 , J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com<mailto:jacque at hyperactivesw.com>> wrote:

On 4/14/14, 1:45 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
So then the only time a closeStackRequest gets sent is if the user
clicks the Close control in the window title bar. Right? Wrong,
apparently. I have this in the card script:

on closeStackRequest
   breakpoint
   save this stack
   pass closeStackRequest
end closeStackRequest

When closing the window using the control in the window title bar, I
do not even get the debugger. I just get the popup asking if I am sure,
allowing me Don’t Save, Cancel or Save. So when*exactly* is the
closeStackRequst sent?

It happens as you say, when the close box is clicked. But the IDE traps the message so you may have to suspend development tools to see it. It will work as expected in a standalone.

I seem to remember that after the IDE traps the message, it then passes it. It may be that the debugger won't open when that happens; try a "put something" in the message box instead to see if it gets passed.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com<mailto:jacque at hyperactivesw.com>