Do statement as "Applescript" in caller ?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 21:59:31 EDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Serge Brami <brami.serge at gmail.com> wrote:

> I ask because statements as  :  do anything as Applescript  doesnt work on
> Livecode 6.6 and Maverick
> Any Idea ?

Don't know anything about 'caller', but I notice for the Release Notes for
LC 6.1.2 RC3 it states that one of the bug fixes as:
-- 11212 - AppleScript does not work on LiveCode IDE

I just tried this in the message box:

   put "tell application "&quote&"Finder"&quote&cr& \
      "open application file "&quote&"calendar.app"&quote&" of folder
"&quote&"Applications"&quote&" of startup disk"&cr& \
      "end tell" into tScript
      put tScript into msg
   do tScript as applescript

Watch the line breaks above, there are 5 lines of code, it should come out
in the msg box as 3 lines:

tell application "Finder"
open application file "calendar.app" of folder "Applications" of startup
disk
end tell
Applescripted started Calendar for me on 10.9.2 with LC 6.6.1GM and LC6.6GM.

Applescript may have been broken in LC but it seems to have been fixed for
a while now.