lineoffset question

larry at significantplanet.org larry at significantplanet.org
Sat Apr 12 10:38:32 EDT 2014

I'm using 6.1.1 (rc 4) on XP Service Pack 3

I have the following line in my script:

set the hilitedline of field myGames to lineoffset(field myShort,field myGames)

The line works just fine.  However, if I add the optional Lines to Skip, like this:

set the hilitedline of field myGames to lineoffset(field myShort,field myGames,1)

then I get an incorrect result - the hilitedline is a line that does NOT have the string [field myShort] in it.  The hilitedline is the line prior to the correct line. For example, line 67 instead of the correct line of 68.

Furthermore, when I used a variable for Lines to Skip within a repeat statement and then stepped through in debugging, the variable would start off as 1, then go to 7 but in the next repeat it would revert back to 1 - even though the debug showed no change of the variable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry