[OT] Xojo

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Apr 10 13:34:55 EDT 2014

> Not like changing from Revolution to LiveCode! In any case,
> the name change is working for them. It's being looked at
> like it's a brand new tool.

REALbasic was the original name, then REAL Studio. Then Xojo. I think it was
a good thing to change.

I was very involved with the early history of RB - from RB 1 -> RB 5.5 I
believe (with some overlap into the modern interface era - its been a long
time). It comes from a very different mind set than LiveCode, and provides
an excellent multi-platform, modern replacement for Visual Basic. LiveCode
and Xojo both create multi-platform applications, but that's where the
similarity ends. Conceptualizing applications is 100% different. The sort of
issues that arise during development are 100% different. The goals of
either...you get the idea.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software