Typing Unicode

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 13:32:43 EDT 2014

On 9.04.2014 15:27, Graham Samuel wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm not surprised that I didn't get a reply to my question below, apart from maybe Richmond: after all, if he has people typing Sanskrit, they must have some kind of keyboard or other interface device to do it. Tell us, what is it?

Talk about trailing your coat . . .

There is a simple reason I did not reply to your posting:

As far as I understood your posting I thought you were wanting to make
an on-screen keyboard
  is Livecode that would allow you to type into other applications
[rather than type into a field
in a Livecode stack], and the simple fact is that I don't know how to do
that.

Both my Devawriter and my PISMO feature on-screen keyboard that enter
text (Devawriter via
all sorts of jazzy post-processing, and PISMO directly] into a field in
the same card: I have, subsequently
experimented with a palette keyboard that will type in the desired
writing system into whichever field
and whatever stack that is selected.

About 2 or 3 weeks ago, when I was playing with a paletted keyboard I
posted a question about
how to use that to type into a textEditor on this Use-List; and it fell
flat on its face.

If you want a virtual keyboard inwith your app, I'm yer man; if you want
something to type into
other apps, I'm (at least currently) completely useless.

Richmond.