Dramatic slowdown while resizing images by script
capellan2000 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 01:50:55 CEST 2014
Please, review this new bug report:
Add your comments and demonstration stacks to
Created attachment 4113 [details]
Infinite Zoom 2014.livecode
(Stack with images that zoom in or zoom out on mousedown)
1. Download the zipped sample stack
2. Open the stack in LiveCode 6.6
3. The stack opens in full screen. Using the keys alt-tab bring to front the
4. Check the card script, before running.
5. To run the infinite zoom effect, click and hold down the mouse pointer
near the left side of the card (zoom in) or
near the right side of the card (zoom out)
6. Notice how the effect of resizing the images is slow and moves
step by step.
7. Notice the faint line in the border of every image, barely visible.
This border effectively breaks the illusion of a single continuous
and infinite image.
8. Follow the previous steps using LiveCode 6.5.2
The stack runs perfectly. There is no trace of these
faint lines in image borders.
9. These marked differences in image processing speed was noticed
by Kenji Kojima in this message:
Have a nice day!
More information about the use-livecode