Enterprise iOS License Distribution...

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Tue Apr 8 19:19:26 EDT 2014

Hi All…

Thought I’d ask just in case somebody else has experienced this situation. We have a new Apple Enterprise iOS license for distributing iOS apps built with LiveCode.  I have configured the our workstation with the proper profiles, first creating a development profile and making sure that we could test apps out on a iPad. Everything in that department works fine.

I then installed our distribution profile and created the same app with the Enterprise distribution profile. In our school district we are using Profile Manager (part of OS X Mavs Server) to manage apps we purchase and, eventually, apps we create. Profile Manager works fine and we can easily push out apps we puchase over the air.

However, when trying to add an app we developed with our Enterprise profile,  it spits back: Filetype Not Supported. The file you selected is not supported. Please choose a different file.

Anybody have any experience with this specific situation?

Thanks in advance!

John Patten
SUSD