iTunes Library

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Apr 8 19:07:37 EDT 2014

Thanks for that Kay, I went with that approach and it took perhaps an hour
to write the import script.

I am however, whether I like it or not, having to get into the weird world
of Unicode (I think).  Some of the artist names and CD names in my iTunes
library have accented characters which end up in the tab delimited file as
<not what the original character was>. The corrupted characters then end up
in my database.

I don't have any control over how iTunes exports the data so is it possible
for me to ensure that what ends up in my sqlite database is correct?  The
default text encoding for sqlite db's is UTF-8 but it can be changed to
UTF-16, UTF-16le, or UTF-16be.

Assuming that can be done, how do I make sure the artists names and album
names are correctly displayed in my fields/option menus/datagrids?  Let's
assume for now that I will not be using LC7 for this.

And finally, whatever happened to Esperanto?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>