Home stack

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Fri Apr 4 04:56:31 EDT 2014

The home stack's name is "home". But it is not your stack, it belongs to the IDE, and does IDE stuff. If you make a standalone, there won't be a home stack in it, unless you make one. There is no need to manipulate or interact with the home stack, unless you write your own IDE, where it servers a purpose as the first stack that is automatically loaded before anything else. This is not HyperCard ;-)

For example, "go home" is not really meaningful, even if it'd work, because you can have many stacks, from many different files, all open at the same time. It'd only be a synonym for "go to the stack that is named "home"", a rather redundant feature. So if you want the "boss" of your own project, you probably want "the mainStack of this stack", or "the topStack" or possibly "the defaultStack". You never want the home stack, ever.