very, very slow on Mac Mini

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Apr 3 20:57:11 EDT 2014

One thing that can cause really bad performance (but you would see this happen globally for all apps) is that if there are bad sectors on the hard drive, writes to the bad sector(s) will cause the OS to attempt to move the data to another and lock out the bad. This is a super high priority event, even higher than mouse and keyboard events, and if the procedure fails, the next time a write to that sector is attempted, the same thing can happen.

I’d backup and then do some disk checking.

Bob