Formatted text in a field.

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 3 12:08:46 EDT 2014

On 4/3/14, 7:37 AM, Michael Doub wrote:
> So clearly the engine knows how to do these calculations, so I have
> to believe that  all of the properties must be available to us to do
> the same calculation.  The one that I think I am not understanding
> correctly is the property for the number of pixels in the visible
> part of the field.   I thought that would have been the  height of a
> field - boarder - margin.

I'd be tempted to try letting the engine do it and use only a single
field. Just turn off the scrollbars (make the field a regular
non-scrolling field.) You can still set the scroll of the field whether
the scrollbars are there or not. On each "page turn" the script could

set the scroll of fld 1 to (the effective textheight of fld 1 )* 12 +
the scroll of fld 1

If fixedLineHeight is true you will already know the number of lines
displayed. In my example, there are 12 visible lines (including wrap.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com