Sending mail (invisibly) from inside a Mac LC app

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Apr 2 11:18:39 EDT 2014

This will produce a flurry of support calls, as home users in my experience never remember their own email passwords unless they use webmail and have to enter it each time, in which case that users email would be useless to you.

I install copiers for a living now, and by far the biggest snag, even in corporate environments is determining how to communicate with the company’s email server correctly. Any number of things can go wrong, from Exchange Connectors not being configured for that particular device, to ISP’s blocking access to foreign SMTP servers.

As “simple” as Simple Mail Transfer Protocol was supposed to be, it is ANYTHING but simple in this day and age.

Bob