7.0 dp 1 Dictionary

Fraser Gordon fraser.gordon at runrev.com
Wed Apr 2 08:39:27 EDT 2014

On 2 Apr 2014, at 13:15, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Re: Diacritics. While you are a real computer programmer (which I am most definitely not), I have an M.A. in Linguistics.

I remembered your interest in linguistics shortly after sending the email and felt rather silly for providing egg-sucking instructions! I'm also not necessarily a real computer programmer (I just play one on TV) - my qualifications are in physics and electronic engineering… nobody seems to have noticed yet, thankfully ;)

> However, my problem was not with "Diacritic" as such, but the syntax of codepointProperty, and, wanting to
> "play around with it" to see how it worked, my 'natural' first stop was to have a look in 7.0's dictionary
> (mind you, it may not be up-to-date).

There should be an entry for it (at least there is in my copy). If you want to get an idea of what properties are provided, go to http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr44/ and scroll down to section 5 "Properties". Not all the properties in that table work but most of them do.

Regards,
Fraser