occasional runaway control - anyone else seeing this?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Apr 2 03:57:03 EDT 2014

Hi Dave,

One reason why this may happen is the Geometry manager.

Another reason is the margins of the group. If the margins are set to 0
and you're using the GM or have a resizing script somewhere, the
controls often tend to "walk".

Also, if you're using rect, top, left, bottom, right and other location
properties in your script, these properties may change, triggering a
resizing handler again, which eventually makes the control walk. You can
avoid this by putting all location properties into variables before
setting any position, e.g.

put the topleft of grp "This Group" into myTL
set the topleft of btn 1 to (item 1 of myTL + 5),(item 2 of myTL + 5)
-- etc.

If you give a little more info about what you're doing exactly, we might
solve this problem.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille