how to sort lines with a $ amount

Jerry Jensen jhj at jhj.com
Tue Apr 1 05:50:59 CEST 2014


I also learned from Jacqui that to scramble the lines of a field:
sort lines of field "stuffToScramble" by random(999999999)
Neat trick, that.

On Mar 31, 2014, at 8:41 PM, <larry at significantplanet.org> wrote:

> Yes, but you pointed me in the right direction. Jacqui's is good and I'm sure I'll use something like that one day.
> Yours was 1 line of code and very adequate for my current needs!  Thanks again!
> (plus with yours I learned about being able to sort by char and word within the same line of code.)
> 
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Jensen" <jhj at jhj.com>
> To: "How to use LiveCode" <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
> Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 9:37 PM
> Subject: Re: how to sort lines with a $ amount
> 
> 
>> Oops. So much for not testing. I like Jacqui's the best. Passing each to a function opens a lot of doors.
>> .Jerry
>> 
>> On Mar 31, 2014, at 8:28 PM, larry at significantplanet.org wrote:
>> 
>>> Jerry,
>>> Yours was the simplest solution.  Thanks very much!  FYI, I had to leave out "the" to make it work.
>>> So my script is:
>>> sort lines of field "myStuff" numeric by char 2 to -1 of word 4 of each
>>> Larry
>>> 
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Jensen" <jhj at jhj.com>
>>> To: "How to use LiveCode" <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
>>> Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 8:48 PM
>>> Subject: Re: how to sort lines with a $ amount
>>> 
>>> 
>>> If you can really really count on the $ always being present, you could do:
>>> sort the lines of field "myStuff" numeric by char 2 to -1 of word 4 of each
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode




More information about the use-livecode mailing list